Thursday, December 27, 2018

Friend's sadness

How much strength will I need
to put it all on the scale
all that I borrowed from you
That is part of your flesh
from all your voices
which built me up!
How much burden we all carry
towards the final end, from mountaintop to pit
it is not a grain-field
and only ships on the horizon pass by
the dream is elevation endless
hand often offered by a stranger
And you are part of me!
And when my time comes
and the skeleton of endless snake
will destroy the boats for escaping
quietly, silently whisper to me, and give me hope
because I will find myself alone at the rye's field
my time is now
and the ferryman awaits
And you are all part of me!
The moment watches above us
I remember all the steps we walked
together, strong, united
the moment keeps
all the feathers that are cut of a wing
from a bird that will not taste death
the sand grains, they ring
you all stand behind me silently
And I am part of you all!
Tell me, how much strength will I need?
And do I leave you lousy at the end?
Cos however much we hope
the light is false and insidious
the feathers are drenched in molten wax
my hands tremble soaked with ashes and blood
your sadness follows me inevitably forever
And I am part of you all!
The rye does have an end, where the field and the sky
kiss each other - horizon
your voice is unified in choir - a song for goodbye
the ink ends - the words cease
the scale is falling apart
if only we have the humility to say enough
one more look towards you all
...your voices built me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment